[asterisk-users] Using ChanSpy for spying voicemail

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sat Nov 18 08:34:37 MST 2006

Hello list,

I currently try to get ChanSpy working to listen in to what people leave
on my voicemail. The problem seems to be though that ChanSpy only sends
the voicemail part of the "conversation", namely the announcements,
which is not really helpful.

Is this a feature, or is spying into voicemail just not possible?
How do I do it correcty?

For those interested, my current setup looks like (removing anything not
having to do with this)

exten => 301,1,Set(DB(spy/301)=${CHANNEL})
exten => 301,2,AGI(voicemailspy)
exten => 301,3,VoiceMail(u01)
[voicespy]
exten => 301,1,NoOp(Spying for ${EXTEN} on Channel ${DB(spy/301)})
exten => 301,2,ChanSpy(${DB(spy/301)})
exten => 301,3,Hangup

There is an AGI called "voicemailspy" which basically generates call
files appropriately. This definitively works - else I would not get the
call and listen in to the VoiceMail announcement.

Hints, anyone?
Thanks

Anselm