[asterisk-users] outgoing works, incoming fails on asterisk passthrough to inter-tel

Nathan Bell nathanb at actarg.com
Fri Nov 17 17:11:08 MST 2006

Alright, I've figured out that by adding a wait to the dial I can get it
to connect to the inter-tel pbx. I still can't get it to either a) pass
the caller id, or b) talk to the correct extension. The inter-tel box
always redirects the call to the operator.

When the call comes in on the T1 line it looks like this:
*8015555555*154 where 801-555-5555 is the incoming caller id and 154 is
the extension I'm dialling (the first 4 digits get cut off before I ever
receive a connection). When I duplicate this using
Dial(Zap/g3/w*${CALLERID}*${EXTEN},15,or) it won't connect (Exiting with
DIALSTATUS=NOANSWER) at all. If I leave it with just
Dial(Zap/g3/w${EXTEN},15,or) it will connect to the operator with no
caller id being set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nathan Bell