[asterisk-users] Need help on Music on Hold

gc garych at unidial.com
Fri Nov 17 06:41:49 MST 2006

I am testing asterisk (version 1.2.12.1) on a Dell 1950 server and have this strange problem on music on hold.
When I called into a queue using SIP from PSTN line which goes through our cisco gateway (cisco 5300), asterisk will start play music on hold. But this MOH seems at voice activation mode. That is only when I make noice on my end then I can hear music otherwise I will hear silence. I have another asterisk (version 1.2.9.1) running on an older Dell server and MOH works fine for call from PSTN. So my guess is that maybe there is some settings in asterisk cause this problem.

Any suggestion about this problem?

GG