[asterisk-users] Re: T.38 - make conclusion

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Fri Nov 17 04:04:56 MST 2006

In article <455C5E2F.7050701 at drdos.info>, support at drdos.info says...
> I want to guess that it's your SIP provider.
>
> Faxing via VoIP (SIP) is not reliable unless you are using T38, my guess
> is your sip provider is providing this feature.

Hi Doug!

Have I understand it right. You are saying that my provider, when it detects FAX stream, he is trying to use T.38. And since my Asterisk doesn't support it I get the error message? So, it does nothing to do with FAX machine that is (over ATA) plugged to my Asterisk, or with FAX that is on the other side?

Please confirm or deny this.

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split