[asterisk-users] T.38 - make conclusion

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Nov 16 05:48:47 MST 2006

Tomislav Parčina wrote:
> Asterisk is connected with my SIP provider.
>
> I'm not planning to use T.38. I'm only trying to make FAX work. To do that I need to find out who is causing the problem that is giving me this warning
> WARNING[2237] chan_sip.c: Unknown SDP media type in offer: image 31358 udptl t38

I want to guess that it's your SIP provider.

Faxing via VoIP (SIP) is not reliable unless you are using T38, my guess
is your sip provider is providing this feature.

Doug

-- Ben Franklin quote: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."