[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 -- What's the Catch?

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Nov 16 03:45:05 MST 2006

Hi,

Zeeshan Zakaria schrieb:
> Grandstream phones are cheap because they use cheap stuff to manufacture
> them, plus their software/firmware and remote provisioning and
> configuration
> system is very basic. Their firmware was bad until newest version, and
> still
> some features like day light saving doesn't work. Will you be changing time
> on 80 phones twice a year? Let me repeat, their remote provisioning and
> configuration system is very basic, don't use for 80 phones
> installation, or
> you'll regret later.

I use the phone only at home and it syncs fantastic with my ntp server,
so changing time is not necessary.

The phone is excellent for its price. And configuration and update via
tftp works fine. The only negative point I have is that you must set an
option in the config of the phone that is accepts the TFTP server from
the dhcp server.

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook