[asterisk-users] Sipura SPA3000

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 15 22:22:43 MST 2006

Bob I have a further question about Fallback:

On my Line 1 tab, the last item is
   "VoIP Fallback To PSTN"
but there is no setting that can be changed.

I _think_ my firmware is the latest when I bought the unit Oct 25, 2005
but _possibly_ I have no fallback.  Bummer.  Could you comment on this
please?

BTW, section 4.11 talks only about pstn calls ringing line 1:

"The voice path is (7) (6) (4) (2) (1). This feature is enabled by
setting <PSTN Ring Thru Line 1>
to “yes”. If enabled, all incoming PSTN calls will ring the Line 1 phone
regardless the VoIP gateway
function is enabled on the SPA or not. Hence the same phone can be used
to receive calls from Line
1 VoIP and from the PSTN."

Section 4.9 talks about Fallback to PSTN but I'm not sure how to test
this with my setup or even if fallback is implemented in my SPA3k:

"4.9. Line 1 VoIP Fallback to PSTN
When power is removed from the SPA-3000, the FXS port will be connected
to the FXO port. In this
case, the telephone attached to the FXS port is electrically connected
to the PSTN service via the
FXO port. When power is applied to the SPA, the FXS port will be
disconnected from the FXO port.
However, if the PSTN line is in use when the power is applied to the
SPA, the relay will not be flipped
until the PSTN line is released. This is done so that the SPA will not
interrupt any call in progress on
the PSTN line.
When Line 1 VoIP service is down (due to registration failure or loss of
Ethernet link), SPA can be
configured to automatically route all outbound calls to the internal
gateway if <Auto PSTN Fallback>
([Line 1] tab) is set to “yes”. The PSTN gateway applies the <Line 1
Fallback DP> to further limit the
calls that can be made by the Line 1 caller during the fallback
operation; this dial plan may be set to
“none”. This case also belongs to call type #7 and the voice path is (1)
(2) (4) (6) (7)."

Of course, I'm having a lot of trouble reading this complex manual <g>

Larry

Bob Chiodini wrote:
> Probably the PSTN Call Ring Thru Line 1 feature.  Section 4.11 in:
>
> http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf#search=%22spa3000%20manual%22
>
> By default, if my asterisk went down after the SPA3000 was already
> registered, the in-bound PSTN call was lost.  I probably did not wait
> long enough and I did not have "PSTN Call Ring Thru Line 1" enabled.
>
> Bob...
>
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:32 -0400, Kevin Collins wrote:
>> My 3000 does this natively without config.
>>

>> Kevin Collins

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux