[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 -- What's the Catch?

Tom Vile tvile at baldwintechsolutions.com
Wed Nov 15 19:28:08 MST 2006

Yes, they support both and quite nicely.  The web interface for the phone is
very good and you can program alot of the buttons to do what you want (ie)
The record button can be setup to do 1 touch recording and such.

On 11/15/06, Jeronimo Romero <jromero at eusnetworks.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the input.  I take it the snoms support both BLF & intercom?
>

> ======================
> Jeronimo Romero
> EUS Networks
> Email: jromero at euscorp.com
> Cell: 917-332-7238 <http://172.17.9.10/clicktocall.php?number=19173327238>
> Office: 212-624-5943<http://172.17.9.10/clicktocall.php?number=12126245943>
> Web: www.euscorp.com
> *Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 -- What's the Catch?
>

> They brake easy.
> Speaker phone is not very good.
> Overall sound not good compared to a Snom, Polycom or Cisco phone.
> Drop registrations with Asterisk randomly.
> Power supplies die.  Had 4 out of 10 go bad within a year.
> LCD backlight died on 2 that I deployed.
>
> We only do the Snom 320 or 360's now and are just as easy to configure and
> have alot of great options as well.
>
> On 11/15/06, *Jeronimo Romero* <jromero at eusnetworks.com> wrote:
>

> We are doing a medium sized office in NYC with 80 phones. The customer
> originally requested Polycom 601 phones. The COO also authorized us to
> purchase 2 Grandstream GXP2000 phones for the mail room. We find these
> phones much easier to configure and work with asterisk . They support BLF &
> intercom right out of the box. They can also be centrally managed and
> provisioned. They also sound great and work in a very intuitive way. We
> don't have real life experience deploying this phone so I'm just going to
> ask:
>

> Is there a catch?  Why the huge price difference? These phones seem to do
> everything a busy corporate office would need. Is there a big qualitative
> difference between this phone and Polycom501/601?? Is there a major problem
> with this phone not disclosed by the manufacturer or vendors. Some feedback
> from people who have deployed them would be great.
>

> Thanks In advance.
>

> JR

> --
> Tom Vile

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Fax:     518-631-2856