[asterisk-users] PortSip and Astericks new install

Charlie Grosvenor Charlie at cgrosvenor.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 13:40:47 MST 2006

I have just installed Asterisk and installed the  sample configuration
files. Asterisks appears to be working and I have added a SIP client:

[John]

type=friend

secret=test

host=dynamic

allow=all

I have been trying to dial the demo number 500 when using PortSip,
Asterisks answers the phone but PortSip gives me the error:

"Call failed: codec not accepted 488".

I have tried changing the enabled codecs in PortSip but this makes no
difference. I have also tried various other SoftPhone but none of them
seem to work.

Anybody know what I have missed / doing wrong?

Thanks