[asterisk-users] Problems with language support

Diego Andres Asenjo G. dasenjo at unicauca.edu.co
Wed Nov 15 10:04:39 MST 2006

Hi!

I have configured the language support in asterisk to reproduce spanish
prompts. I have lines for it in sip.conf, iax.conf, zapata.conf and
voicemail.conf as shown:

[general]
language=es

In zaptel.conf

loadzone = es
defaultzone = es

When I check my voicemail I get in the CLI:

     -- Playing 'digits/4' (language 'en')
     -- Playing 'vm-Old' (language 'en')
     -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'en')

Almost all the messages are played in english.

If I make a

*CLI> add extension 7548,1,Playback,digits/day-3 into phones

and call 7548 I hear "miércole" as should be.

Can you help me debug the problem?

Bye and thanks.