[asterisk-users] Time Based Voicemail Messages

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:33:04 MST 2006

On 11/15/06, Wildheart <asterisk-users at php-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I want to change my voicemail message based on the time of day. I would
> like a message that says "Sorry the office is now closed." after a
> certain time, and says "Sorry I am unavailable / Busy / etc" before.
>
>    I have come up with two ways of doing it:
>
>  1. A cron job to replace the files (messy)
>
>  2. Using different mailboxes at the different times (this means I have 2
> mailboxes to check).

No, you can have 2 mailboxes for different times like this:
in extensions.conf:
exten => s,1,Voicemail(1111 at context&2222 at context,u); for day
exten => s,1,Voicemail(2222 at context,u);for night
in voicemail.conf:
1111 => 1111,User User,,,delete=yes
2222 => 2222,User User,,,delete=no
now you only have to check the voicemail for mailbox 2222