[asterisk-users] Re: ATA with reliable FAX?

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Wed Nov 15 06:01:01 MST 2006

In article <455A69AE.8090608 at netVOICE.ca>, George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca says...
> (a) If you are not running a version of Asterisk that has working SIP
> jitter buffering (is there such a thing?), then abandon all hope now.
>
> (b) We have no experience with the Cisco ATAs, but the Linksys (nee
> Sipura) SPA-210x is markedly better than the SPA-100x and SPA-200x,
> probably because they have better jitter buffering (it goes without
> saying we do not pass our fax traffic through Asterisk).
>
> (c) T.38 is the way to go, G.711 a poor and distant second choice
> (again, Asterisk's T.38 pass-through is far from ready for prime time).

Hi George!

You said that T.38 is the way to go. I have problems with T.38 and I don't know how to solve them. Maybe you can help me. I often get this message on CLI:

Nov 15 14:56:03 WARNING[2237]: chan_sip.c:3602 process_sdp: Unknown SDP media ty
pe in offer: image 31512 udptl t38

What could be the reason and how to solve it? I have

Fax machine - Grandstream Handy Tone 386 - Asterisk - my SIP provider

Thank you for your time!

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split