[asterisk-users] Time Based Voicemail Messages

Wildheart asterisk-users at php-systems.com
Wed Nov 15 04:42:04 MST 2006

Hi,

   I want to change my voicemail message based on the time of day. I would
like a message that says "Sorry the office is now closed." after a
certain time, and says "Sorry I am unavailable / Busy / etc" before.

   I have come up with two ways of doing it:

 1. A cron job to replace the files (messy)

 2. Using different mailboxes at the different times (this means I have 2
mailboxes to check).

   Is there a way that the voicemail could be enhanced by adding a feature
like this?

    With thanks,

      Tim