[asterisk-users] Retain call control: Avoid letting call get

Philippe Lindheimer p_lindheimer at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 23:13:58 MST 2006

Take a look at freepbx 2.2 beta. We have made both ringgroups and follow-me have a call confirmation option. When used, the ringgroup/follow-me extensions that are outside lines (like your cell phone) must confirm they want the call (press 1 to accept, 2 to decline). All the while the caller hears ringing (or MoH if chosen). If no answer, they are sent on to where ever else you want them to go (like asterisk vm, or ...)

  So it does what you are asking, if you don't care for freepbx, you can look at the dialplan it generates and get some good ideas. (It basically does what Dovid mentions).

  philippel