[asterisk-users] Installation of Unicall for MFC/R2

Angel Heart cocent at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 19:08:32 MST 2006

Hi Moises,

> 1. On what directory/folder should I copy the chan_unicall.c,
> channels_makefile.patch?
into wherever you had put the source code of your asterisk
installation. There, you must have a folder named "channels", where
you will see several files named chan_sip, chan_zap and in general
chan_xxx, there you should put chan_unicall.c

Thank you  very for this information, this will be a good start for me to search for this.

> 2. On what directory/folder should I command  patch <
> channels_makefile.patch?
You need to learn somewhere else how to apply patches.

Yeahhh, that's why I'am searching the WorlWideWeb.

> 3. On what directory/folder should I command make and make install?
God, I think you need a basic linux install course, read in google
about "Makefiles"

Frankly speaking, YES, I need training for Linux Install. But before going to formal training I need to make this * box up & running ASAP before my CIO fired me. I just thought learning through forums is faster and easier because we are guided based on actual experience. In fact, this is the reason I ended up in this forum because of my persistence to learn in a fastest way and of course in a most economical way, reason why  we are into Open Source. (Savings).

> 4. What actually the asterisk do with patch < channels_makefile.patch?
Apply the patch to the Makefile code

I am really very thankful to all of you guys, hope I would be able to help in some other subject matter and rest assured, I will post of any successful development with my project.

> Desperately need help.
Everyone does.

Thanks God, there are FORUMS as our references.

Cheers!

Angel