[asterisk-users] How to use Sipura SPA3k POTS line to dial Asterisk SIP phones?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 14 16:58:10 MST 2006

My SIP phones can dial out through Sipura SPA3k to POTS for local and
911 calls _but_ incoming POTS calls are being swallowup somehow.

Am I on the right track with the code snippit below?

sip.conf:
---------
In sip.conf the following code is _supposed_ to ring the SIP phones when
a POTS line call comes in through Sipuara to Asterisk.

[spa3k-pstn-in]         ; Pots-line-in from Sipura
; If you're using Asterisk, this goes into the Incoming settings
; For your Trunk
host=dynamic

type=friend		; should be peer if incoming only ??

context=[macro-ringall]	;ring all the sip phones

secret=xxxxx
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
insecure=very

extensions.conf
context to ring all SIP phones when a POTS call comes into SPA3k:

[macro-ringall]         ; ring all SIP phones
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/120&SIP/121&SIP/122&SIP/124&SIP/125&SIP/126&SIP/127)
exten => s,2,hangup

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux