[asterisk-users] Re: Why only one out of many IP Phones re-registering every one minute

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 17:27:07 MST 2006

Now I know that this has something to do with the NAT for sure. But why and
how, I don't know. I changed DHCP settings on my router to expire lease time
in 1 hour. Then I could see on Asterisk CLI phones getting registered every
hour. Then I changed it back to 7 days. But still some phones kept on
re-registering every hour. The register expire setting on the phones
themselves doesn't causing this message to display on Asterisk CLI, doesn't
matter how frequently they are re-registering on Asterisk. I wonder how is
this handled by the router or NAT device.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria