[asterisk-users] Fax killed on all zaptel devices

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Tue Nov 14 08:16:58 MST 2006

Dear All,

  I have this problem which is preventing me from switching to voip
system andstill working on that old siemens pbx, we have fax machines
that we attached to ATA called planet and when we try to send a fax
locally between the fax machines it works great but when we try to get a
fax machine to send or recieve on the E1 pri or on a TDM400p (notice all
cards are digium) it get's a communication error, here is a step by step
of what happens wjen we try to send a fax from the outside to asterisk
(this problem happens to both fax machines and the making asterisk
recieving the fax and send it by mail):

- the phone rings and the fax picks up the call
- the fax starts to do it's sound but it seems to get cut just after one
second
- I get on the cli of asterisk: unknown rtp codecs 109 recieved
- then the fax after say a minut or so on the sending side gives a
communication error and closes.

 Does anyone has an idea I really need it to work either on the fax
machines or
 the mail option available.

--
Thx