Problem found Re: [asterisk-users] Headaches with Video over SIP

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at citel.com
Tue Nov 14 03:10:42 MST 2006

#2 is true (at least for audio, so I guess for video as well).

Codec identifiers >= 96 refer to dynamic payload types.

They have to be negotiated on each SDP offer/answer exchange.

So for the Polycom->Asterisk traffic, Asterisk should parse the SDP and
say to itself "Hey, the caller wants me to send it H264 marked with
payload type 109, and/or H263-1998 marked with payload type 96." and
adapt it's outgoing payload type marking accordingly.