[asterisk-users] Load balance Asterisk servers?

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:45:52 MST 2006

We are looking to be able to put a device in front of an array of
Asterisk systems which would do the job of load balancing them.

We would store all the particulars on one or more MySQL servers.

What want to accomplish is to have all calls sent to/from a single IP,
then push the calls off to another Asterisk server in the array. If
one server goes out, we are hoping there will be no effect other than
we have reduced capacity until it's fixed.

If possible we would like to do this with either a low cost device or
an open source solution which can run on a Linux box.

Can anyone suggest something that would be reliable in a production
environment? We would like to make this solution scale to at least a
few hundred simultaneous calls.

We have looked at some ready made devices but many of them only
support SIP, we need a solution that will support both IAX and SIP.

Any advice would be most appreciated.