[asterisk-users] Survey: In what ways do you use Asterisk at your house?

mitcheloc mitcheloc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:03:43 MST 2006

I did not write a how to, but it essentially involves installing a
door strike that I purchased from smarthome.com, running some wiring,
and a serial port relay controller hooked up to the Asterisk server. I
then used the System command and a script to send the signal through
the board to send power and thus unlock the door.

I would highly recommend getting the strike professionally installed
even if you are the handy type. However, there seems to be an unspoken
code among lock smiths not to do such things for the average
consumer....