[asterisk-users] "Username/auth name mismatch" + SIP phone can't connect?

Fred gkdsh0n02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:42:45 MST 2006

Hello

	I'm trying to set up Asterisk on an older AMD Duron 700MHz with Fedora 5
for use with SIP phones and the Linksys 3102 SIP gateway (ie. no FXO card,
so no need for zaptel and libpri), but I'm stuck: The GrandStream BudgeTone
phone fails registering with Asterisk :-/

Following the "Asterisk - The Future of Telephony.pdf", here's what I did:

1. Installed Fedora 5, and ran "yum update", followed by "rpm -Uvh kernel
kernel-devel" (yum would download the i686 version of "kernel" but the i586
version of "kernel-devel"). I made sure it had all the requirements for
Asterisk (ncurses + ncurses-devel, openssl + openssl-devel, zlib +
zlib-devel, and bison)

2. Downloaded, unzipped, built, installed the following packages succesfully:
asterisk-1.2.13
asterisk-sounds-1.2.1

3. Edited /etc/asterisk/sip.conf thusly:
[200] ; extension 200
type=friend
secret=test
qualify=yes ; Qualify peer is no more than 2000 ms away
nat=no ; This phone is not natted
host=dynamic ; This device registers with us
canreinvite=no ; Asterisk by default tries to redirect
context=internal ; the internal context controls what we can do

4. Added an empty section at the bottom of /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:

[internal]
;later

5. Launched asterisk -vvvvvgc. Launches with no error message

6. Configured the GrandStream phone with user=200, authname=200,
password=test, SIP server=192.168.0.252 (IP of Asterisk server), register=yes

7. When I plug/unplug the SIP phone, its network icon isn't displayed (ie.
there's no connection with the SIP server, and no dial tone), and here's
what /var/log/asterisk/messages says:

Nov 13 19:52:33 NOTICE[17922] chan_sip.c: Registration from
'<sip:200 at 192.168.0.252>' failed for '192.168.0.234' - Username/auth name
mismatch

=> Is this due to wrong settings in sip.conf, the empty section in
extensions.conf, the fact that I didn't add the Linksys gateway yet (how?),
something else?

Thank you for any tip
Fred.