[asterisk-users] Survey: In what ways do you use Asterisk at your house?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Nov 13 15:15:56 MST 2006

My * at home is a P-3 400 256 meg with a TDM 400. 2 cordless phones, 3 snom
200's. Termination is through an IAX provider. All of the standard stuff
works, transfer to cell, web voicemail,etc but the interesting thing that I
do is a script that polls the Canadian weather service every 10 min looking
for severe weather warnings (happens quite often in Alberta) and if it finds
one, uses sipsak to push the weather warning to the display of the Snom
200's and sends it to my cell as an SMS. I also have a script that allows
you to read back the weather on demand using Festival, sounds crappy but
works like a charm.