[asterisk-users] Mysql 6 second rounding

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Nov 13 14:55:18 MST 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Vicky wrote:

> This is more of mysql question then asterisk :D . Most voip providers use 6
> second rounding for costing  . My asterisk server stores call cdr's in mysql
> properly with billsec field containing number of billed seconds . I want to
> know some function to round this to 6 seconds ( or any custom valud like 30
> seconds ) ..Suppose if billsec field is 3 seconds then it should round to 6
> seconds , if its 13 second then it should round up to 18 seconds ( for 6sec
> pulse counting ) . What would be mysql function to do this ?

mysql> select floor(((3 + 5) / 6)) * 6;
+--------------------------+
| floor(((3 + 5) / 6)) * 6 |
+--------------------------+
|                        6 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select floor(((13 + 5) / 6)) * 6;
| floor(((13 + 5) / 6)) * 6 |
|                        18 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks in advance,