[asterisk-users] Can AGI do this?

Bret Schuhmacher bret at thelastmilellc.com
Mon Nov 13 11:48:04 MST 2006

Please pardon the absolute noob questions.  Someone has asked me to
interface with Asterisk and have it dial 4 numbers in succession to have
it track down an on-call person.

My initial reaction was to write an AGI program and return all 4 numbers
and have Asterisk hunt them - can Asterisk do this?

If not, is it possible to write an AGI program that gets all 4 numbers,
then somehow hands them one-by-one to Asterisk?  If so, how does
Asterisk manage the communication of "failed to complete the call" with
the AGI app?  Does the AGI just monitor stdin looking for status
messages and returns the next number?

If Asterisk/AGI can do both, is the first method better than the
second?  It certainly seems easier.

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

Bret