[asterisk-users] Custom voicemail extension greeting

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Nov 13 09:50:36 MST 2006

Am Montag, den 13.11.2006, 10:37 -0500 schrieb joe a.:
> Making custom "voicemail greetings" seems fairly straight forward, and I've done it.
>
> However, I'm looking for a way to make the actual extension answer with "You've reached my Jim Dandy voice mailbox, go take a flying . . .".  (OK, so maybe not), instead of "The person at extension xxxx, is unavailable"
>
> Possible?  Easy?  Under my nose?

If you want to replace the default announcement, look in
the /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/ directory for files like vm-intro.gsm.

Alternatively you can record a file and place it as "unavailable
greeting" for all your voiceboxes instead of recording announcements for
each single voicebox by dropping a file "unavail.wav"
in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/${VOICEBOXCONTEXT}/${VOICEBOXNUMBER}/
for all possible combinations of VOICEBOXCONTENT and VOICEBOXNUMBER

BR
Anselm