[asterisk-users] Zaptel compile problems

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Nov 13 00:04:36 MST 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:26:02PM -0600, Traue, Paul wrote:
> I'm having difficulties getting zaptel to compile.  I've compiled it in
> the past and never had any difficulties to speak of, but on this
> particular machine I have problems.  The OS configuration is the same as
> I've used in the past and the hardware is identical.  Obviously there's
> some subtle difference (probably with the packages installed, but I
> haven't been able to locate anything).
>
> Everything works fine until I get to the xpp stuff:
>
>   CC [M]  /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.6/ztdummy.o
>   CC [M]  /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.6/xpp/card_fxs.o
> /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.6/xpp/card_fxs.c: In function `FXS_card_new':
> /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.6/xpp/card_fxs.c:98: error: invalid use of undefined
> type `struct module'

Fixed in later version. Get the latest 1.2 version (should be safe on
Zaptel, as it does not change much). Or use latest debs (currently still
1.2.10, I know)

Else, disable the building of that directory. There's a 'obj-m += xpp'
in the Makefile. If you do have xpp (Astribank) hardware you definetly
need a newer version as anything before 1.2.7 is a very old version of
our driver.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org