[asterisk-users] same extension on softphones and hardphones

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Nov 12 14:55:21 MST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 12.11.2006, 16:29 -0500 schrieb Jeronimo Romero:
> Sorry if you see this message repeated twice. I would like to set up
> hard phones and softphones with the same extension so that when anybody
> in the company dials an extension, each user's hardphone and softphone
> will ring at the same time. I've tried setting this up before, but I
> noticed that the last sip device to register with the same extension is
> the only one that rings when the extension is dialed. The sip devices
> they will be using are Grandstream GXP2000 desktop phones and Xten
> Eyebeam softphones.  Each user will have one of each. What is the best
> way to accomplish this?
>

> Xten eyebeam  ext 110  \
>                         \
> 		             --> Asterisk 1.2.8
> 		            /
> GXP2000 phone ext 110  /

One possible solution is to have one sip account for each _device_, not
extension; say "sip110h" and "sip110s" for the "110"-user.

Then use the "dial" command in your extensions.conf like

exten => _1XX,1,Dial(SIP/sip${EXTEN}s&SIP/sip${EXTEN}h)

This will cause parallel ringing phones. First come first serve.

Hth
Anselm