[asterisk-users] Re: CLI message: remote unix connection disconnected

Yu Safin calanet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 22:40:15 MST 2006

On 11/12/06, Yu Safin <calanet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running the most recent asterisk 1.2.13 on a Fedora 3.0.
> When I go into asterisk (asterisk -r), defaults to verbose 3 and I get
> a stream of messages:
> Remote Unix connection
> Remote Unix connection disconnected
> (keeps on repeating).
> I went to google and searched on "asterisk Remote Unix connection
> disconnected" but cannot find anything I can recognize.
> I checked my iax.conf and I don't have anything with an IP defined:
> [general]
> port=5036
> bandwidth=low
> disallow=lpc10                  ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.
> allow=gsm                       ; Always allow GSM
> jitterbuffer=yes
> dropcount=6
> tos=lowdelay
> [guest01]
> type=user
> context=default
> auth=md5,cleartext
> secret=xxxxxxxxx;
> [target]
> type=user
> context=default
> deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> ------------------ end of file ---------------------------
> has anybody faced this problem?
> is there a method to get around it?
> what else could be causing it?

Neve mind, I found the problem.
I upgraded from RedHat 9.0 to Fedora 3 but more important from a 2
year old asterisk to the 1.2.13 version.
In the process I re-installed daemontools 0.76.
However, asterisk is now in /etc/init.d so it gets started
automatically during the boot up process.  Then daemontools try to
start it and keeps on trying.
I haven't fixed it yet but now I know how where the problem resides.
Thank you.