[asterisk-users] Presence-awareness in Asterisk

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Nov 11 16:14:06 MST 2006

On 21:44, Sat 11 Nov 06, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 12:51:27AM +0530, Rajeev Natarajan wrote:
> > Or you can look at PHP-AGI; use the php to query mysql (probably more
> > scalable than dialplan MYSQL)
>
> Running an external php script which will open a separate mysql
> connection, query it, close and be done is not exactly scalable. At
> least not more scalable then using mysql from the dialplan.

unless you run it as fastagi in some kind of daemon that
uses persistant connections.
AFAIK asterisk does not support persistant connections.
That's why I built a http server with php in persistant
mode. Really scales ok (not really tested because I dont
have that much of call volume yet)

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu