[asterisk-users] Stable clock with 2.6 and without Digium hardware.

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Nov 10 13:57:24 MST 2006

<snip>
Anton wrote:
> 2.6 with kernel clock - needs kernel recompiling and
> work stable with switched off kernel Preemption. Long
> time tests in progress now.

How are you doing this?  I saw a couple developers talk
about rewriting ztdummy yo use the new hi-res kernel timers
(kernel>2.6.17), but did not notice any patches as a result.

I've been pretty happy with the RTC-based ztdummy, except
that the RTC can be a bit of a pig when run at 8192 (~8% cpu
load).  Hi-res timers firing every 1ms should produce a
lighter load and be more accurate....

Dan