[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk and Max TNT SIP Authentication Issue, WORKING

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 10:01:34 MST 2006

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies and help, I have this working now, TNT 11.0.6
and Asterisk 1.2.9.1, passing TNT SIP calls to Asterisk just fine.
Working through the solution was extremely painful, took a week in the
lab to figure out that I had my head shoved so far up my ass, I was
eating lunch twice.  Clarity of sight is infinitely more achievable
with head dislodged from rectum.

My lab setup simulated my production system cluster, with extension
dialing through DUNDi look ups and multiple registration servers using
Realtime Database for the User Agent authentication.  It gets
complicated.  I setup the TNT between two registration servers, pri to
one and sip to the other. Not like I would in production but hey, I
was doing proof of concept testing.

Going from PRI to TNT to SIP to Asterisk, the CID number was coming
through to the the Asterisk server.  The Asterisk server was
translating the CID number into a user, then checking the Realtime
Database for authentication info which it did find, but the call had
none, so Asterisk dropped the call.  As soon as I changed the CID
number on the test phone to a 10 digit number, to simulate a call
coming in from the PSTN, Asterisk did not find the number in the
database and allowed the call to come in un-authenticated.

The first usergroup reply from Barry asked about user=1239, this
should have made me ask the question, why the asterisk server was
seeing user 1239, but I was hung up on user=phone in the invite
message and totally missed the correlation between the CID number
translating to a user.

The first lesson is to setup the lab to simulate real-world testing.
I am curious why Asterisk inturprets the CID number as a user?

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson