[asterisk-users] Presence-awareness in Asterisk

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Fri Nov 10 06:35:37 MST 2006

Hello all,

I am just wondering - how can I implement presence awareness in Asterisk?
I know there is the hint feature that might be useful (for someone) but
it is not exactly what I am looking for.

My idea is some fairly simple application running on user desktop and
having just 3-4 buttons like
- online
- do not disturb
- forward to my mobile
and possibly also monitoring xscreensaver activity. This application
could then communicate with the * server (via AGI or SQL database or
something) and amend the dialplan accordingly.

Does anyone implemented it somewhere? How can I achieve this?
I am happy with just any hint pointing me to the right direction.

Thanks,
Ondrej