[asterisk-users] Powering SNOM 200 phones?

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Thu Nov 9 21:06:29 MST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:34:31PM +1100, Paul Hales wrote:

> I had a 200, and it worked fine with POE.
>
> The standard power connector was the RJ-11 style as mentioned below.
> Weird item that one.
>
> The successor to the 200, known as a 190 does NOT support poe, while the
> 320 does.

Yeah, these have an extra unmarked rj-11 on the bottom next to two
covered holes (with nothing but pc board behind) where the ethernet
would be on the old model of snom 200 if I read the manual right.

So that's the power.   So I guess the only way to find out if
they just don't talk to my netgear POE (which does power
my grandstream 2000) is to find different POEs.  Or buy the power
supplies which don't seem to be very expensive -- or are there different
models of snom power supplies?   It is suggested the 190 takes 5v,
not 48v.