[asterisk-users] DUNDi precache

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Nov 9 12:19:18 MST 2006

I also just realised a distinct advantage of the precache model.

Lets say you have a central DUNDi cache server. He has in his cache the knowledge that appearance 2944093 is registered to pbx1 for the next hour. If pbx1 where to crash, then for the next hour, calls to 2944093 would fail.

However, in the precache model, when the phone registers to an Asterisk box, the Asterisk box immediately precaches the information to the central DUNDi server, who maintains this information until it's updated. If pbx1 where to crash, and the phone failed over to pbx2, pbx2 would then send updated registration information to the DUNDi precache server, and thus calls would not fail for an hour.

Douglas.