[asterisk-users] DUNDi precache

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Nov 9 10:55:36 MST 2006

Doug,

JR's example does cache but only for a very short time, like 5 seconds, so
that if the device registers else where then the lookup is able to find it.
You can change the cache time to the default hour or what ever you want. As
far as precahe, I know it is a dundi cli command and you could probably
script connecting to the cli and precacheing an extension, but in my case
the lookups are under 70 ms so I don't notice a hughe hit on performance
when a lookup is done. I know you are trying to use this on a much larger
scale then I do.

On 11/9/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:

> Aaron.
>
> Thanks. JR sent me that article before it was published. He's not
> precaching registrations. He's doing something different. In his
> configuration, when a registration server gets a request for the location of
> a phone, it queries the DUNDi Lookup server, which in turn queries the other
> registration servers on it's behalf. It doesn't actually cache the
> registrations itself.
>
> According to what Mark Spencer wrote, it should be possible for this DUNDi
> Lookup server to hold, or store (ie cache) -all- phone registration info so
> that it doesn't have to query the other registration servers.
>
> Doug.

Bruce
Nortex Networks