[asterisk-users] Digium B410P

King Ho kingho at completesolution.com.hk
Thu Nov 9 10:05:09 MST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to decide which BRI card to buy and am looking at the B410P. I
have the following questions and hope that you guys can give me some advice.

1) Anyone uses the B410P with Asterisk with good or bad comment? And how
does the B410P compared to the others like the AVM or the Beronet.

2) I think the B410P is using the mISDN driver. I also read that the mISDN
driver will have problem with SMP kernel, so if I want to use the B410P, I
should not get any duo core CPU with the computer, right?  Also, if this is
true, maybe I will be better off with a card that uses the CAPI driver like
the AVM?

3) The installation guide on digium http://kb.digium.com/entry/55/131/ says
that I need at least Linux kernel 2.6.15. Does this mean that CentOS 4.4 is
not compatible with it?

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

King