[asterisk-users] SRTP

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Nov 9 10:59:15 MST 2006

yusuf wrote:
> Khaled wrote:
>
>> I  installed libsrtp can any one help me how to ingrate it with
>> asterisk .to make SRTP
>>

>> Regards
>>
> Hi,
>
> I dont think SRTP is supported in Asterisk.  There is some work to have
> RTP over TCP, where be default its over UDP.

	SRTP has nothing to do with the transport protocol, and in fact works
over TCP or UDP, although common sense says that it doesn't make much
sense to transport audio (either RTP or SRTP) with TCP. :)

	There is some effort underway to support SIP over TCP, which can make
some sense.  Note that SIP and RTP are two separate (although often
confused) protocols that can use a mixture of UDP/TCP (TCP for the
signaling - SIP, and UDP for the audio - RTP).  Or, %100 UDP as it is in
Asterisk now.

--
Kristian Kielhofner