[asterisk-users] several behind NAT

Todd- Asterisk thouleasterisk at gleffsecurity.com
Thu Nov 9 08:56:04 MST 2006

Just to report back in, the advice of the list was to not worry about
it- they should work well.  I took a DSL modem with a router on it
and connected both phones (Grandstream GXP2k and 101)- they did not
work.  I found that I had to program in a STUN server.  I also has to
set it to use a random port instead of the default- a pre-defined
port (else only 1 phone would ring regardless of extension).  Now
they both work well.  Does anyone see a problem with this setup?
Should I use my own STUN server? or can I continue with stun.fwdnet.net?

Also, where can I get information on provisioning?  These phones will
be out of my hands soon and I'd like to be able to update the
configs.  I saw a few utilities for generating the configs, but I'd
like more specific info - I don't mind editing files by hand but want
to know how it works. Does anyone have some resources?

thanks for all the help- this is a great list.
      Todd