[asterisk-users] DTMF Corruption Problem

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Nov 8 23:20:27 MST 2006

Hey, Justin:

Justin Tunney wrote:
> Asterisk People,
>
> I'm currently using Asterisk and with a SIP voip provider and I'm
> having problems where DTMF input in my IVR app is getting corrupted
> intermittently.
>
> For example, if someone enters 1025, it may come though correctly as
> 1025, or it may come trough as 10025, or 100255.  DTMF digits will
> just double up.
>
> This doesn't happen all the time.  Asterisk will just pick times to
> not be very friendly with DTMF, and other times it will just work
> flawlessly.

I'm having virtually the same problem with Asterisk -- the SendDTMF()
function.

In my case, I hear the first digit, then none of the other digits -- or
only some.

It's been suggested that it's a channel issue, but I'm having the
problem with an IAX channel, and if so, it would mean that there is DTMF
issue in both the SIP and IAX channel drivers. That seems pretty unlikely.

As in your case, it is highly inconsistent. Depending on when it is run,
I'll hear different digits at different durations. Whatever the case,
it's not usable.

(DTMF grief seems to be painfully common with Asterisk.)

It would help to get additional feedback from other users. I've posted a
bug. The bug URL is:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8293

-Stephen-