[asterisk-users] talking caller ID

Philippe Lindheimer p_lindheimer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 23:06:28 MST 2006

Christian wrote:
From: "Christian" <christian08 at tdcmail.se>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:10:02 +0100
Subject: [asterisk-users] talking caller ID

 Hi all,
Lets say I have my incoming calls transfered to my mobile phone. When a call comes in, Asterisk will answer the call and ask the caller to hold the line while the call is being transfered.
I know how to do this, but i dont want the caller to hear me answer the mobile phone. They can hear some music on hold. When I answer Asterisk will read the callerID to me and I can then decide if this call is important or not. If I press one on the mobile phone it will be connected, other wise it will be transfered to my voicemail. I think this can be done through some macro, but not sure how to do this.
All the best and thanks,
Christian

Christian,

 this would be fairly straight forward. Take a look at the follow-me / ringgroup implementation of freepbx 2.2 (currently beta 2). It does call confirmation almost as you describe ('you have an incoming call, press 1 to accept, 2 to reject) while the phone rings or plays music to the caller. It would be rather trivial to tweak the dialplan that plays that message and play the callerid of the incoming call.