[asterisk-users] Microsoft will enter VoIP market in earnest

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:39:44 MST 2006

I do not know when they plan on SBS deployment of this. I wouldn't imagine
it would not be soon because they just released 2003 R2.

The biggest hurdle to this working with Asterisk from what I understand is
that it requires SIP over TCP. I haven't read the docs fully for 1.4 version
of Asterisk is going to support that or not. I am not sure on the storage of
the VM either. I would imagine if it's not held by Exchange that Exchange
will need some kind of rights to the VM server to add/remove/modify/forward
VM messages. I have a beta version of it but I just do not have time to
install it at the moment. I will be happy to post my results once I do get
the time though :-)

Curt

  _____