[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk iax2 monitoring

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:38:17 MST 2006

On 11/8/06, Thomas Blanchin <tblanchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David.
>
> I read your post on :
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-September/167456.html
>
> I am in the same situation as you are. I'm looking for a way to
> monitor iax2 connexions on asterisk. I'm using sipsak for sip
> connexions.
> I'm looking for a very simple tool, like sipsak, because I'm using
> BigBrother for global monitoring, so I just need an app that returns
> something or an exit code, and then BB do the rest.
>
> If you founded something, please let me know, I'm interested.
>
> Cheers.
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have not found a good solution yet. I did find a tiny app called "iaxping".

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/3029621/com/iaxping-0-1mdv2007.0.i586.rpm.html

This worked well to test the connection, but I could not get it to
exit cleanly. I was thinking I might try to fix the code, but I'm not
much of a C programmer. The source code (iaxping.c) is available
online. I did not actually try to recompile the code so the problem
might just be with the rpm.

After you look at it, let me know your thoughts. If nothing else,
maybe we get together and hire a decent programmer to fix the app to
exit properly with a return code.

Regards,
David