[asterisk-users] How to reboot a Polycom phone remotely

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Nov 8 05:51:10 MST 2006

Hi Rick,

Well, if I told you I'd have to kill you :-)

Seriously, taken from a very hidden Wiki page:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+reboot+hardphone+script

>From the CLI: sip notify polycom-check-cfg xxxx

xxx being the registered name in SIP.conf. It is meant for the phones to
check for new configuration and download it.  Your phone of course has to be
registered with your Asterisk and you need to have a provisoning server
also, because I believe the phone won't reboot if there isnt a new phone.cfg
file in your provisioning server to download. I am not sure if it works when
you only change the sip application (sip.ld) to a new version.

I haven't really tried to find out the full and precise functionality, but
it works on my phones when change anything in phone1.cfg on my provisioning
server.  It's even intelligent enough to wait until the end of a call of the
phone is being used.

Mike, happy to contribute answers instead of questions for once.

  _____