[asterisk-users] faxing times!

Benjamin Jacob benjamin.jacob at masconit.com
Wed Nov 8 04:17:01 MST 2006

Hello ppl,
Reading all over the net. Learnt quite a lot, but that has left me
confused-a-lot as well.

Need answers to a few questions. Before that, I have an ISP(fax gateway)
which will help me send/recv faxes using the T.38 protocol. I am using
Asterisk 1.2.12.1.
Now to the few questions I had:
1)  Do I need any additional hardware on the Asterisk box??
    I did download the spandsp and rxfax and txfax, n email2fax
packages. But it seems, all those work on the Zap channels.

2) So far, I've worked ONLY with SIP and IAX. So, is it possible to do
fax-ing over these? How?

Help!!

- Ben.