[asterisk-users] Glitches in sound every time that Asteriskreceives reINVITEs

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Wed Nov 8 02:22:07 MST 2006

> My Asterisk server is working fine, although every time that
> in the middle of
> any call there is a reinvite, the user hears a glitch. Why is
> this happening?
> How can I solve this problem?

That's because a REINVITE is generally used to change from one
codec to another. For some reason this involves stopping the
existing audio, waiting a little while and then starting a new
audio stream.

So far this one of the reasons why I don't like reinvite...

--
Andreas Sikkema                        BBeyond
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4