[asterisk-users] My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 23:34:07 MST 2006

On 11/8/06, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> I have alaw, g729, gsm, ulaw, and wav sound file sets so that should
> cover the transcoding bases pretty well.

It should but if you're not allowing anything but ulaw all of those
are probably not ever being used. What you might want to have is slin
encoded prompts, which you didn't mention if you have or not. Although
not sure if even that will help in cases where, say If you allow
people to record their names which are then played upon entry and exit
of a participant of the conference, I would think they're recorded in
slin format (it being the default format for (*)), there is your
codec-xlate right there. I wonder if there's some place where we can
control what codec format is used to record these names and stuff in
meetme. If this can be controlled and we can standardize the entire
thing with ulaw, that should help a LOT, I'd think. And
creation/termination of conferences could also be causing CPU usage,
all adding upto the spikes.

But....what do I know, maybe a digium person can shed more light on it.