[asterisk-users] My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Nov 7 22:32:56 MST 2006

I think you're getting confused with the top/bottom posting or something.
I'll reformat in the order the posts were posted.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, shadowym wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I am running EXACTLY the same software as you.  SMP kernel and all.  Are you
> using the IDENTICAL non-SMP kernel verision# ?  No crashes at all here for
> the 2 weeks it has been up but we don't use meetme.

I complained about constant crashes in meetme that disappeared with a
simple reboot to a non-SMP kernel (yes, the exact same version number).

RR replied with questions about my meetme configuration.

You (shadowym) replied saying you're running an SMP kernel, but not
meetme.

I'm not surprised you're not crashing. It's the combination of SMP and
meetme that is unstable. Others have said they are running SMP and meetme
and not crashing so maybe the HP DL380's have some unique problem with
SMP. Or maybe their callers are not constantly creating and closing
conferences. Most of the crashes appeared to be when a channel or a
conference was free'd.

I tried with every version from 1.2.9 through 1.2.13.1 and several SVN's
in between. Not a single configuration was stable until the light bulb
when on and I tried a non-SMP kernel. Not a single crash since.

Thanks in advance,