[asterisk-users] How is ANI "Usually" sent on an ISDN PRI?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Nov 7 12:40:10 MST 2006

I am getting ANI over an ISDN PRI T1 and they are sending *ANI*DNIS* as
the "EXTEN"   I am under the impression this is an old way of doing it
on inband circuits such as E&M wink but not used on a PRI.

Previously I had a T1 PRI from a different carrier and there was a
special field for ANI that could be viewed while watching a "pri debug
span" on the CLI.

I am trying to explain that this is the preferred method but am at a
loss to show them examples or speak the right terminology.

Can someone post some debug output with the ANI information or let me
know the the actual terms.  I know I am right but I am at a loss in
trying to explain this to them.

Thanks,
Steve