[asterisk-users] "Sticky" Polycom 501 keys and handset

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Tue Nov 7 09:02:19 MST 2006

Hi,

I've recently bought new Polycom 501 phones, upgraded to bootrom 3.2.2 and
SIP 2.0.1.   I just noticed something, which I first blamed on Asterisk and
NATs (a 2 second silence at the beginning of a call).  Something I've
noticed also on my old phone (which is having the same problem now, but its
also been upgraded).

My keys are sticky.  Simple as that.  Sometimes I press a number and the key
comes up (the hardware seems fine) but the phone produces this loooong tone
as if I had pressed the key for 3 seconds.  Even the receiver is sticky,
giving my dialtone when I lift it only 1-2 seconds after I lift the handset.
It simply looks like the phone can't keep up, like a sluggish computer.

Anybody has ever seem this?  I'd like to downgrde to SIP 1.6.7 to see if the
new sip app was the problem.  How can I do that?  I've placed the old sip.ld
file where I had to, but the phone wont pick it up.

Short of that, can somebody point me to the newest firmware (2.0.2) to see
if that would help?

Mike